Workshops are held at The Hive on the High Street in Shepton Mallet, some smaller one to one workshops are also held at my studio on Tadley Acres
In this course we will be learning a variety of techniques which will include sugar crafting techniques where you will learn how to make sugar paste flowers, bow’s and model wonderful garden characters. We will be using both butter icing and fondant to cover your cupcakes. The aim with our cupcake courses is to give you the skills to apply the techniques we teach you to decorate both cupcakes and larger cakes to perfection.
Details of the Course:
In this one session course (four hours) we will be teaching you how to:
- Professionally add a filling to your cupcakes
- Work with fondant and successfully colour it
- Use sugar paste to create a variety of flowers, bows and garden characters
- Using a variety of nozzles we will create a number of effects and finishes in buttercream as well a learning to make letters so that you can write messages and names on your cakes
- Use fondant to cover your cupcakes
- Decorate your six supplied cupcakes (all made with top quality ingredients and free range eggs) with the techniques you have learnt and finish them off with your beautifully made sugar paste decorations.
Included in the price of £50.00:
- All refreshments through the session
- The use of all equipment on a returnable basis, including an apron
- Materials and ingredients used
- Recipe sheets and course notes
- Six cupcakes that you get to take home with you